Thursday, June 27, 2013

Two Evenings in Chicago

 

Last week,  I took a business trip to Chicago. My client is situated right in the middle of downtown Chicago, in the old Sears Tower. It's a short hop on the "L" to the Magnificent Mile, otherwise know as Michigan Avenue, above.


On the way to Michigan Avenue from the "L" station, there's a rather large Nordstrom Rack.


Water Tower Place is a large and popular shopping center on the Mag Mile, anchored by Macy's.


Water Tower Place gets it's name from the historic Water Tower, right in it's shadow.


Water Tower Place is gorgeous after dark.


Water Tower Place shopping center has an open, futuristic layout.


I loved this gigantic Clinique Chubby Stick at Macy's!



I had dinner at Wow Bao, a fast food place specializing in Bao and all kinds of rice and noodles.


I had the spicy peanut noodles, a Kung Pao Chicken Bao and a BBQ Pork Bao. Delish!



Hershey's Chocolate World is around the corner from Water Tower Place - YUMMY.


 I had to stay in a hotel out by O'Hare because all the downtown hotels were full, but it was not a bad ride on the "L".



My second evening, I headed out to Nordstrom at the Shops at North Bridge. I had an appointment at the Spa Nordstrom for a massage and eyebrow wax.


While I was waiting for my appointment, I perused the Chanel counter and picked up a Mysterious Nail Polish.


I salivated over the delicious coral-colored Fit Flops in the shoe department.


Although I don't have the lifestyle for it, I still love to gaze at the lovely Louboutins!


I loved this "Stegosaurus" clutch.


I had a fantastic massage at the Spa Nordstrom - the eyebrow wax was not so good - I was missing a strip of skin!


On the airport shuttle, you could tell I was from California - shorts and Fit Flops in a sea of suits.


I loved this tunnel at O'Hare - very artistic.

I was supposed to fly to Houston this week, but mercifully, the meeting was moved to San Francisco!

Jamilla

No comments:

Post a Comment